The following is the "Graph Key" that is used each morning to
complete Our Magnificent Morning Graph!
Pictures of "The Graph" will be added soon. The pictures will explain how The Graph is used and exactly how to use it!
5. >,<,= Greater than, Less than, Equal to
6. _ _ _,_ _ _ Place Value
8. Rounding (estimating, approximating,about)
9. Division (pizza vowels=people consonants=pizza)
10. Arrays (consonants X vowels then vowels X consonants)
11. Math problem of the day
12. Money (How much is your row worth? Add up the coins on your row. How much is your word worth? Vowels are worth ? Consonants are worth ?)
13. Mode and Range
14. Expanded Notation
15. Elapsed Time (use demonstration clock to model this)
16. Write your number made in #6 in word form
17. Measurement (zig zag line segments)
Order of Operations
The Graph is done every morning. Each student records their work inside “Journals”. These “Journals” are checked each morning and given immediate feedback.
As part of the morning routine, each student puts their name (names are on magnets) in a quadrilateral according to where they are sitting on the whole group carpet.